Places to visit:
- Downtown (city center), Sé Cathedral, Palácio do Povo (People's Palace), National Post Office and Tourist Information Office;
- Praça da Independência (Independence Square);
- São Sebastião Fort (National Museum);
- Statues of the discoverers (Pedro Escobar and João de Santarém);
- Monument to the Infante D. Henrique in front of the National Lyceum (Liceu Nacional);
- Monument of Rei Amador (National Hero), National Library and Historical Archive in the roundabout of the Popular Park;
- Chocolate Factory "Claudio Corallo";
- Chocolate Boutique "Diogo Vaz".
- Quá-Tela shop, a store of processed local products by national NGO’s;
- Pica-Pau, atelier and local handicraft shop;
- Ossobô store - local handicraft shop;
- Uê-tela - local craft shop.
Restaurants and snack bars
- Cultural venue C.A.C.A.U. - House of art and restaurant (on Thursdays, at the end of the day, there is a gastronomic tasting and cultural show);
- Jasmine Restaurant and Snack Bar;
- Papa Figo Restaurant;
- Embaixada dos Sabores - Snacks and meals;
- Camões Restaurant - Portuguese and Santomense Gastronomy;
- Xico's Café - Snack Bar;
- Parque Popular - Restoration Square (several traditional restaurants);
- Restaurant B24 - Grilled fish (Parque Popular);
- Tia Leo Restaurant - Traditional gastronomy (Parque Popular).
Night life and entertainment venues
- César Café - Bar and snacks (on Thursdays and Fridays acoustic concerts);
- Bar Pico-Mocambo - (National Cocktail "Gravaninha", made from sugarcane brandy);
- Leve.me Store Café - In Vila Dolores (Bar and games room);
- Beach Club - Nightclub and Casino
- Pirata Restaurant - Restaurant and Disco;
- Bar 90 Graus.